Malevolent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Easter Story

3 posters

Go down

The Easter Story Empty The Easter Story

Post  Water Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:41 am

This Is The Easter Story: As Narrated By Adam

Easter one of the two Christian Holiday's that have become imbued in almost everyone's lives. The other being Christmas, many celebrate both, but the truth is that they are both religious holidays. Although they are declared National Holidays and there is no mail or school, that does not imply that they are not religious holidays since the truth is that they are, but the celebration has become so widespread that even non-believers often celebrate it with or without the religious allusions that is. I have for that reason decided to take the time to explain the true "Reason for the Season" as it has been said. That all may know the truth and as the Bible says, "The Truth Shall Set You Free". As for Christianity, Easter is Suppose to be a big a deal as Christmas if not bigger, but sadly it is not. Anyhow without further ado as the saying goes, "Let's Get Educated!"

The Easter Story is in all of the four gospels of the Apostles, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I will give the chapter and verse for each one I speak on in each of the apostles, for the most part I will be using Luke since he was a doctor and his is the most thorough of the 4 gospels. Due to time restraints there will be reference to the story, before the Easter Story, but you will have to look these up on your own. In the HOLY BIBLE in any version you prefer, I will be using KJV (King James Version) and NLT ( New Living Text) since KJV is my favorite and I use NLT as a cross reference.

The Story Begins with the Christmas story, which you all should now if not it can be found in Matthew 1:18 -2:18.

Jesus grows into a man and grows in favor and stature with God and Man. Around the Age of 33 as it has been speculated Jesus went to Jerusalem to celebrate the Jewish Passover Feast. Which is a celebration of the Passover or the Seventh Day in which, God rested after creating the world. For awhile he had been going all through out the country preaching the Gospel and healing the sick and even raising the dead!

For Reference Read Matthew 4:1 - 5:11 in this you will read the begging of Jesus' ministry as well as the beatitudes. Mark 8:1-10 Jesus feeds Four Thousand and Mark 8:22-26 Jesus heals a Blind Man. Luke 5:17-20 Jesus heals the Paralyzed Man. John 11:1-44 Jesus raises Lazarus from the Dead. (These are Just Some of the Miracles He Performed).

Now back to the feast of passover in Jerusalem. The Pharisees who where like Religious Lawyers during Jesus time, who read Scripture and decided the law from it and what it meant. They had through out Jesus ministry tried to make him mess up or catch him off guard, but being the son of God. Jesus had time and time again showed them that he was right in what he said. This of course angered them since they where just men and where jealous of Jesus. Thus for this reason they conspired to have him put to death. They feared this would be impossible to do since he was so loved by the people whom he had done many wonders for and in front off, and that if they tried the people would revolt and stop them. It was during this time however that one of Jesus twelve apostles would betray him. This was Judas Iscariot, who was the keeper of their money and who would betray Jesus for money.

To read about the Last Supper in which Jesus told of the betrayal of Judas and his Coming Death, as well as his betrayal, read: Luke 22:1- 53

So it was that while Jesus prayed during the night of the Passover Feast, that Judas betrayed Jesus and he was arrested and taken to the Pharisees. There in which he was convicted of Blasphemy by the High Priest and his loyal followers for several of them had left, because they also believed that what was taking place was wrong and it was during this time that Peter denied Jesus thrice and the prophecy Jesus had told Peter cam true to read more about this: Luke 22:31-23-56 which covers his trail and Crucifixion as well.

To give a brief over view, in this part of the Story Jesus is taken to the Romans and they would not try him. It is also during this time that the Romans tried to save Jesus by offering to release him or the murder Barnabas. The people at this point however, moved by the lies spread by the Pharisees choose Barnabas and not Jesus. This Barnabas is to not be confused with the Barnabas who becomes an disciple after Jesus death however. Therefore the Romans hand him over to his own people the Jews.

This is when Jesus goes through the worst imaginable things for us, because at any time he could have called a legion of Angel's from heaven or even released himself. He did not however, because he had come to die on the Cross for our sins and by doing so he fulfilled countless old testament prophecies. Which I will list a few of later on, just to let you know though it has been proven mathematically impossible for one man to fulfill all the prophecies that Jesus did, so this is further evidence that he was the Son of God.

In anyway, Jesus was beaten and a crown of thorns was placed on his head and even then that was not enough. They where so jealous of him that they gave him a criminals death by crucifixion, which was only reserved for the worst of the worst. No way for the Son of Man to die, but it was here that he must die to fulfill the prophecies and to win the battle for our salvation. By dieing on that cross for us that we may be forgiven of our sins, he has given us a way into heaven and to live up to the expectations God has for us. We are not perfect and we never will be, that is why the most perfect and high Son of God had to die for us, so that we may come to the Father God by him for he is 'the way the truth and the life" and none can come to the father, but by him. Those nails where not what held Jesus on the Cross is was our sins yours and mine. Yet he loved us so much he did not care what we had done even that we had killed him for while on the cross he said, "forgive them Father for they no not what they do." How amazing is that love?

However the story does not end there and this is where the Easter story picks up. As the prophecies where told he would rise again on the third day and that day was Easter Sunday. He was brought back to life, by God and we to can be given that eternal life. This is why he had to die so that he could rise again so that we could be "born again" forgiven of our sins and given eternal life. This is why we have Church on Sunday it is the day the Lord arose from the dead, this is why we Celebrate Easter Sunday to celebrate the resurrection of the Lord and the forgiveness of our own sins. This is the EASTER STORY...

To Read the Story Yourself, read: Luke 24:1-53, this covers his resurrection and his return to heaven until he will one day return.

You may be asking, what can I do to receive this gift that Jesus has given us. It is simple, Nothing! It was given freely by him, by his love for us. All that we need to do to receive it, is pray something along these lines: Heavenly Father, I come to you a sinner. I know that I have sinned and that what I have done displeases you, but I know and believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sins, that he gave his life that I may have eternal life. Lord I except this gift, I confess my sins to you and pray believing and knowing that now in Jesus name I am washed clean of my sins. Thank You for Forgiving and Loving me and in Jesus name I pray amen. (If you prayed this and believed in your heart that what you said was true, rest assured that the Lord has heard your prayer and you are now forgiven of your sins.)

If you just Prayed that please contact me or Scott, we would be glad to hear from you and to offer you some materials that will help grow in your new faith. We would also like to help you decided what Church is best for you and further more we would like to just pray for you and keep you in our hearts and minds as you now follow your Lord, your God. We would like to also extend to everyone prayer requests if you have a loved one or yourself is in need of prayer, feel free to let us know and we will gladly keep them in our prayers and minds.

I would now like to share some scripture with you as well as some of the prophecies concerning Jesus as well as the Easter traditions and what they mean.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to his purpose.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 14:11 - 12 : For it is written, As I live saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God (11). So then everyone of us shall give account of himself to God (12).

Prophecies Concerning Jesus:

Birth in Bethlehem - Micah 5:2

Born of a Virgin - Isaiah 7:14

His Betrayal by a Follower - Psalm 41:9

He was to be Tried and Condemned - Isaiah 53:8

Was to be Silent before his Accusers - Isaiah 53:7

To be Struck and Spit Upon by his Enemies - Isaiah 50:6

To be Mocked and Taunted - Psalm 22:7-8

To die by Crucifixion - Isaiah 53:12

Was to die as a Sacrifice for Our Sins - Isaiah 53:5-6,8,10-12

Was to be Raised from the Dead - Psalm 16:10

To sit at God's right hand - Psalm 110:1

Enmity between him and the "Serpent" (or Satan) - Genesis 3:15

- There are many more, this is just a brief overview. Like it has been said it was mathematically impossible for one man to fulfill these prophecies, but "With God all things are Possible".

Last we come to Easter and its Traditions:

The Easter Bunny is just a myth, like Santa Claus. Although the bunny has been adapted as a symbol of rebirth and reproduction.

Easter is celebrated on different days, because of the mistakes in the Jewish calendar which is less imperfect than the modern calender which most use therefore it occasionally comes in March instead of April, but rest assured it is the right day regardless.

The cloth around the Cross changes from Purple for the Royalty of God, to Black on Good Friday for it is the day the Lord Died, then it changes to White on Easter Sunday to represent his resurrection.

The dying of Eggs is a Catholic tradition in which colored eggs would be eaten on Easter. The Egg symbolizes rebirth as well.

Those are some of the Easter Traditions you may know. If you would like to know more feel free to contact me.

In closing, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope that you have learned something new about Easter and that if you felt called to make a life changing decision today, that you will contact me or Scott so that we can share in this joy with you as well as guide you on your walk with Jesus. God Bless and Provide for You! Amen!
Water
Water

Back to top Go down

The Easter Story Empty Re: The Easter Story

Post  Water Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:43 am

- I would like to note. If you find any mistakes or typos in the above message you will forgive me. I spell checked it to the best of my ability and prof read it several times. If you would like to can post the mistake and I can fix it. Ok, Thank You and HAPPY EASTER!
Water
Water

Back to top Go down

Post  elder_tremere Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Thank you for sharing this Water. Smile I enjoyed it a lot.
elder_tremere
elder_tremere
Master Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperJman Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:14 am

Awesome post Water! He is Risen!!!!!!! Wahoooooooo:) God Bless you all!
SuperJman
SuperJman
Admin

http://www.jcrocks.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum