Malevolent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas)

4 posters

Go down

Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas) Empty Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas)

Post  SuperJman Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:26 am

This thread is to help us all get to know each other a bit more. So please post your Christmas traditions here, that you and your family observe.

I pretty much keep all the same traditions with my wife and kids, as I did growing up. On Christmas eve day, around lunch time, my family gathers at Mom's, for a Christmas eve party. Nothing fancy, just some little snacks and stuff. When dusk begins to fall, we all go home for the night. We turn all the lights down, and light candles. Listen to some christmas music, while pigging out on christmas candy, home made and also bought. I forgot, beginning on Christmas Eve morning, the kids and I track santa, on the NORAD tracks santa website. It excites the kids to know Santa is on his way. As the evening wears on, we read the Christmas story to the kids, telling of Christ's birth. Just before bed, we leave Santas cookies and milk by the tree, and some veggies for the reigndeers.

We open gifts on Christmas morning.......early.......way early, like dawn early, lol. Then after that, still early morning we go to Mom's to open gifts. ( she lives next door) Then we eat breakfast and then go to my in-laws for Christmas dinner and opening gifts. We usually let the kids open one gift on Christmas eve too. Thats about it, the main focus emphisized is the real meaning of Christmas, the birth of Christ, and the meaning of family.

I know different people have different traditions and beliefs, thats why I began this thread. I also know sometimes Christmas can be a time of sadness for some, and if any of you guys need to talk or anything, email me at, sjenkins32@hotmail.com , and I will be glad to talk to you, pray with ya (if desired), and be a friend. God Bless and Merry Christmas!
SuperJman
SuperJman
Admin

http://www.jcrocks.org

Back to top Go down

Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas) Empty Re: Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas)

Post  elder_tremere Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:42 am

That is Excelent Scott!

Our house is pretty crazy around the Christmas Holiday and New Years. We travel between Alaska, and Oregon. My family lives in Alaska, Sharons family lives in Oregon. This year we're staying home with Sharon's family. We dont have a whole lot planned, but Lots and LOTS of football! We are doing gifts on Christmas Eve this year so my Mom can get back home for work on Wed. It's also end of the month/year for us at work. I'm pretty much on call 24 hours a day till the second of January. Our Holiday Dinner will be monday around 3pm. I'd like to wait till the evening to exchange gifts, but I'm sure we wont be able to keep Jaykob happy that long. I think this is going to be a Christmas to remember.
elder_tremere
elder_tremere
Master Poster

Back to top Go down

Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas) Empty Re: Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas)

Post  mommie2jaykob Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:01 am

I love the idea of this thread. First off my hubby has no idea what he is talking about. Well half the time that is. Smile But this is because he is just told what we were doing this year. Like he said we rotate between our families. This year is with my family. We will have Christmas Dinner on Monday. Get up early christmas morning and open presents.

We do most of the same traditions as I did when I was a kid. We get to open one present on christmas eve. We exchange new ornaments every year. If we are at my Mom's house my brother is santa. If we are at Our house Josh is santa. And santa has to wear the santa hat. Very Happy We read a different christmas story every Christmas before bed. We can have our stockings once everyone is up christmas morning. No presents though until everyone has eaten breakfast. And a new one I started is me and Jaykob make some kind of ornament for the tree each year. And he gives them to family members as gifts.
mommie2jaykob
mommie2jaykob
Master Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperJman Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:32 am

That sounds nice Josh and Sharon! I forgot that each year, we get the kids new ornaments for the tree, something that indicates something special for that year. This year for Zach my 5 yr old was starting school. Whitney, my 9 year ld daughter, we got a dancer, she is on deance teams. Homemade things from the kids are always the best! Thats an awesome idea for gifts Sharon.
SuperJman
SuperJman
Admin

http://www.jcrocks.org

Back to top Go down

Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas) Empty RE:Christmas Traditions (How you spend Christmas)

Post  keliah_2001 Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:05 am

Scott this was a great idea..... I love what you wrote.

My kids are grown and gone with little ones of their own. This year we will miss Josh, Sharon and Jaykob. It is their year to be with her family. Our daughter, her husband and 4 children live close, but they have gone to Southeast Alaska to spend Christmas with the other grandparents. So this year and the first year ever we will be alone for Christmas. I will be a very sad grandma, as I will miss all 5 of my grandchildren. But that is ok! Jaykob will call his grandma in Alaska and share all of his treasures. Then on the 5th of January we will have Christmas with the other 4 grandkids.
Back on point.... The tradition in our house is...... eat, eat, send the kids to bed, we stay up late to make sure they are asleep. We put our presents under the tree and then we get to bed and wait for Santa. We have what we call "Christmas at the Pitner's" Someone wakes up grandpa earlier then he thinks he should be woke up. It's usually the cat under the tree. Then he is a grump. For awhile... but it all works out and we get the kids and the rest of the tribe around the tree, open our presents and get our stockings. A goodtime is had by all. We watch football if the tv is coming in or we ride the snowmachine.
As I get older I relize that it is time for my children to make their own traditions and enjoy their children as they won't be little long. So who knows what traditions they will start next year.

keliah_2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum